Nowadays, technology and information and communication technologies in particular, have become an integral part of the performance of organizations/companies. Information technologies are now considered as one of the most important tools that increase the competitiveness of organizations/companies.
Each organization/company places significant importance on investments to be made in this field, and puts pressure on their employees to accelerate the investments to be made in this field.
As much as making these investments that correspond to high figures in the field of technology, the success of the investments and projects, along with selecting the investment, its priority and its direction also carries importance.
Sometimes organizations/companies may embrace a “just do it” approach.
In this context, it should be noted that technology by itself is of no use, and that technology must be used as a strategic tool being used to support the objectives, according to these business objectives.
It must inevitably be deduced that, people now wish to access systems whenever they want, wherever they want and using whatever device at their disposal, to perform their work.
The same ever-increasing behavioral pattern/demand can be found on the “customer’s” side.
These trends are main points of consideration for the organizations during the design and creation of their information structures.
In the industry, trends that allow working from any place (Cloud Computing), obtaining newly released devices (Consumerization of IT), accessing systems with these devices (Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)) will be among the main agendas, challenges and areas of investment for the information technology sector.
With these said, the organizations/companies encounter several problems that need to be answered:
- Are our Information Systems compatible with your main business and your business model?
- Do your Information systems sufficiently meet your business requirements and make your work easier?
- Do your Information systems create new business opportunities for you, making you shine amongst the competition?
- Does your Organization/business easily adapt to changes? Do your information systems provide convenience/agility in this respect
- Do you believe that information systems are adding added value to your business? How do you think you can measure this added value? Can you justify the requirements for and benefits of the investments you have made in this area?
- Do your multi-component information systems allow you to work uninterrupted? Do you think you have taken sufficient measures with regards to this matter?
- What are your losses due to your information systems being shut down, what sort of expenses does your organization/company incur due to an outage, are they measurable?
We can give many more examples to these questions. Now, as seen indisputably, there exists a technology development line with respect to information technologies, ranging from personal usage of organizations/companies to local and wide area network applications and even global applications, which are growing more complex every day, and there is a requirement for an end-to-end approach that is based on all sorts of integration know-how.
In this time and day, where performing your work digitally is inevitable, while organizations/companies keep pushing information technology departments to give them the edge in this competitive market, they also keep their eyes peeled for the expenses incurred by these departments.
These departments always feel a necessity to express themselves in some way, regarding the costs of the investments (Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and the contributions and returns on these investments (Return on Investment (ROI)).
We, as Sentra Bilişim, take it as our duty to specify how these IT investments may affect business and business procedures, and to advise companies on their IT and technology investments on subjects such as making which investments in which directions, and gravitating towards the investments that increase the competitive capabilities of companies among the many selections available.